Brochure Type: Luxury Gold 2018
Lovers of myth and mystery will be enchanted by the sites encountered on this journey. Many of Egypt's cities and towns developed along the Nile, so a luxurious cruise on-board the River Tosca is like a window to the heart and soul of this amazing country. See how you travel like a VIP with Luxury Gold
- Aswan: Like Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you, enjoy the sunset and afternoon tea in colonial English-style at Aswan's famous Old Cataract Hotel.
- Nile Cruise: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner accompanied by a Nubian folklore show.
- Nile Cruise: Join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.
- Luxor: Visit a working bakery and witness the local artisans making authentic Egyptian bread.
- Dining Summary: 6 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT), 3 Lunches (L), 1 Dinner (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with bottled water, tea or coffee.
- Cairo: Gaze upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery - Tutankhamun's treasure.
- Giza: Meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the pharaohs went to meet their Gods in the afterlife.
- Giza: If only these walls could talk! Oh, but they do at the audio visual Sound & Light Show at the Great Pyramids.
- Aswan: On a traditional Nile felucca, meet a sailor and learn the art of sailing this ancient Nile craft.
- Philae Island: Rising from the waters, on the Island of Philae is the amazing Temple of Isis. Board a motorboat to get there.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man.
- West Bank: Embark on an experience with an Egyptologist to visit the Temple of Hatshepsut and royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Relax in comfort on Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Included complimentary, private transfers are available on start and end dates, and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (877) 224-3779 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13867407
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Your Journey Begins||Your Journey Begins: Board your overnight flight (please ask about our great deals)|
|Day 2||Cairo||Cairo at leisure.: Welcome to the timeless land of the pharaohs. On arrival in Cairo, you will be met and transferred to your hotel.|
|Day 3||Cairo||Cairo sightseeing.: Begin your discovery of this timeless land with a visit to the magnificent Pyramids of Giza and enigmatic Sphinx. Walk in the footsteps of Julius Caesar and Napoleon as you enter inside one of these extraordinary creations. Afterwards, visit the Egyptian Museum, to witness the priceless treasures recovered from the Tomb of Tutankhamun. In the evening, get to know your Travelling Concierge and fellow guests over a Welcome Drink at the hotel. Later, drive to the pyramids to witness the magical Sound & Light Show, an unforgettable introduction to the world of ancient Egypt. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 4||Aswan||Fly to Aswan to join your cruise.: Board your plane for a morning flight across the desert to Aswan. Visit the Aswan High Dam and the granite quarries, where one of Queen Hatshepsut's obelisks lies abandoned in the bedrock. Then cross the Nile by motorboat to the well-preserved Philae temple complex, moved stone-by-stone to its current location following the construction of the High Dam. Next, stretch out on a traditional Nile felucca for a peaceful ride around Kitchener's Island. In the late afternoon, join the likes of Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you, with a colonial-style high tea on the terraces of the Old Cataract Hotel. Once on board your stylish and spacious cruiser, enjoy a Highlight Dinner accompanied by a Nubian folklore show and live music. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Afternoon Tea / Dinner with Wine)|
River Tosca (or similar).
|Day 5||Cruising||Kom Ombo to Edfu.: The morning is at leisure to relax or explore, or maybe take an Bespoke Experience by air to visit the amazing temples of Abu Simbel? At lunchtime, set sail for the temple at Kom Ombo - a glorious sight as you approach by river. Unique in Egypt, it's dedicated to both the falcon-headed Horus and the crocodile god, Sobek. Then, drift past irrigated fields and palm-fringed villages to dock at Edfu. As evening falls, don your galabeyas, which are traditional Egyptian attire, for a fun-filled Egyptian dinner and galabeya party. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
River Tosca (or similar).
|Day 6||Cruising||Esna Temple and the Temple of Luxor.: Start with a visit to Esna Temple. Situated in the centre of Esna, this fascinating and highly decorated temple is dedicated to the ram-headed God Khnum, the God of creation. Then visit Esna Lock before sitting back and observing everyday life in rural Egypt as you float down-stream to Luxor. On arrival, visit the Temple of Luxor, lost for centuries beneath the streets of the town. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
River Tosca (or similar).
|Day 7||Cairo||Luxor sightseeing and Cairo.: Across the Nile, to the west of the city, lies the necropolis of ancient Thebes. Stop for a photo of the Colossi of Memnon; these two giant seated figures of Amenhotep III once guarded his mortuary temple. In the nearby Valley of the Kings, the Egyptian kings planned to meet their Gods in the afterlife. Visit some of their tombs, then continue to the temple of Queen Hatshepsut, one of the rare female pharaohs. Next, visit a working bakery and witness the local artisans creating authentic Egyptian bread. Return to Luxor for your final highlight, Karnak, the largest temple complex ever built by man. Walk through the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, past the statue of Rameses II, to the vast Hypostyle Hall, housing 134 giant decorated columns. Afterwards, transfer to the airport for your flight back to Cairo. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 8||Depart Cairo||Depart Cairo.: Your tour concludes after breakfast and you will be transferred to Cairo Airport to board your onward flight. (Buffet Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person, based on Category 3 for cruising portion and include port charges. Gratuities for Nile Cruise are not included. The above prices include Internal airfare and are accurate as of 8 Aug 2017. Visas: Some passports may require Visas, please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements. Festive Highlight Dinner: 26 Dec departure New Year's Eve in Cairo.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class