See the mass ascension of balloons and stand in awe during the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, the largest ballooning event in the world and one of New Mexico's most dazzling spectacles. On this Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta tour, a local balloonist will educate you on ballooning, so you will be ready for the fiesta. Then, experience the pre-dawn opening ceremonies and the unforgettable mass ascension of hundreds of hot-air balloons, where the sky transforms into a rainbow of colors. In the evening, see the dramatic Balloon Glow, when all the balloons fire up their burners and light up at the same time, and After-Glow fireworks show. On this Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta tour, there's also time for sightseeing with visits to the International Balloon Museum, dedicated to the art, culture, science, history, sport, and spectacle of ballooning. You'll also visit the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center, a fascinating museum and crafts market collectively run by the 19 New Mexico pueblos. During your 3-night stay in Santa Fe, enjoy a visit to the Georgia O'Keefe Museum and a guided trolley tour, including the Loretto Chapel's "Miracle Stairway." In Santa Fe, Globus has arranged a special farewell dinner featuring authentic southwestern cuisine. Globus has also included a drive along the Turquoise Trail, a scenic drive between Albuquerque and Santa Fe with breathtaking views of the Sandia Mountains and old mining towns. If you want to see the spectacular Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta plus spend time in colorful Santa Fe, this tour is the vacation for you!
Call (877) 224-3779 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13748829
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Albuquerque||Welcome to Albuquerque! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink. You'll also enjoy a short presentation from a local [LF] BALLOONIST, who will educate you on the the sport of ballooning and what you can expect the next several days.|
|Day 2||Albuquerque||Get ready for the world-famous Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta! Experience this morning's pre-dawn OPENING CEREMONIES and the unforgettable MASS ASCENSION-where hundreds of hot air balloons take off and turn the sky into a virtual rainbow of colors, all led by a balloon flying the American flag to the music of The Star Spangled Banner. What began as a gathering of 13 balloons more than 46 years ago has grown into the largest ballooning event in the world, drawing entries from more than 28 different countries. While on the balloon grounds, visit the INTERNATIONAL BALLOON MUSEUM, dedicated to the art, culture, science, history, sport, and spectacle of ballooning. The museum features one of the finest collections of ballooning equipment and memorabilia in the world. This afternoon, enjoy time at leisure. Your Tour Director will have suggestions for additional sightseeing, along with shopping and dining. (B)|
|Day 3||Albuquerque||This morning, visit the INDIAN PUEBLO CULTURAL CENTER, a fascinating museum and crafts market collectively run by the 19 New Mexico pueblos (villages). Here, you will learn about the history, background, and life of what now comprise the 19 pueblos of New Mexico. Time to explore Old Town on your own this afternoon. This evening, catch the popular BALLOON GLOW, where all balloons fire up their burners and light up at the same time, and the amazing AFTER-GLOW FIREWORKS SHOW. (B)|
|Day 4||Santa Fe||Today, travel along the [LF] TURQUOISE TRAIL to Santa Fe. This scenic drive passes through the foothills of the Sandia Mountains, past wide-open spaces and dramatic scenery. Arrive in Santa Fe, the oldest seat of government in the U.S. Experience this city up close as you embark on a guided TROLLEY TOUR, including the San Miguel Mission, the Palace of the Governors, the State Capitol, and LORETTO CHAPEL'S 'Miracle Stairway.' This evening, enjoy a special farewell dinner with ENTERTAINMENT. Share fond memories of your trip while feasting on [LF] authentic Southwestern cuisine. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Santa Fe||After breakfast this morning, transfer to your hotel in downtown Santa Fe, the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza. If your room is not available, please check your bags with the bell staff so that you may continue to enjoy your day until your room is ready. During your extra time in Santa Fe, admission to the GEORGIA O'KEEFE MUSEUM is included. Learn more about this world-renown artist who fell in love with New Mexico and made her home here. Her images are instantly recognizable as her own, especially her large-scale depictions of flowers, leaves, and the landscape of northern New Mexico. (B)|
|Day 6||Santa Fe||Another full day to enjoy all that Santa Fe has to offer. You may wish to visit the Museum of International Folk Art to learn about the culture and crafts of other countries, visit the many shops and art galleries found around the historic Plaza, or perhaps take a 'Sip and Savor' food tour and sample the best in local food and wine. In the evening, why not check out Santa Fe's vibrant music scene or one of its world-class restaurants? (B)|
|Day 7||Albuquerque||Depart Santa Fe for Albuquerque International Sunport Airport. Airport transfers are provided. Please book your departure flight after 6am. The Albuquerque International Sunport Airport is approximately 1.5 hours from Santa Fe, depending on traffic conditions. Please book your departure flight accordingly. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement: $710Triple Room Reduction per person: $185Extra Nights per person in Albuquerque:in single room $257; in twin room $152; in triple room $113Extra nights per person in Santa Fe:in single room $314; in twin room $175; in triple room $125
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).